- A comprehensive evaluation that addresses the physical, psychological, social, spiritual, and practical needs of patients and their families
- Help to manage pain and other symptoms
- Help with advance care planning and clarifying the goals of care.
- Assistance for patients and families who are struggling with difficult decision-making, such as changing the focus of treatment to comfort measures
- Coordinated care, support, and education throughout the course of the illness
- Assistance with transitioning into the community after hospitalization
- Linkage to community resources to address unmet needs
- End of life care
How can a Palliative Care consult be arranged?
Patients and family members can ask their physician if a Palliative Care consult may be appropriate, or a direct request can be made directly to the Palliative Care Coordinator. For more information, please call (805) 988-2890.