Your health becomes especially important when you are expecting a baby. At Dignity Health Central Coast, our doctors, nurses, and care providers carefully monitor any existing maternal conditions to protect you and your baby’s health.
Our doctors offers care, dignity, and respect throughout your pregnancy, as well as labor and delivery, so that you and your baby are as healthy as possible. The well-being of your mind, body, and spirit remain our focus.
Find a Doctor today who will walk with you every step of the way during your pregnancy journey, including through complications, on the Central Coast of California.
Maternal Fetal Medicine with Compassion at Dignity Health Central Coast
Any health condition you experience during pregnancy may affect you and your baby. That’s why we keep watch over maternal conditions, including the following:
- Preeclampsia causes high blood pressure and pregnancy complications.
- Gestational diabetes appears during pregnancy and causes high blood sugar.
- Cervical incompetence happens when your cervix opens before delivery.
- Isoimmunization occurs when you and your baby’s blood types are different, such as when you are Rh-negative and your baby is Rh-positive.
- Mullerian abnormalities involve the structure of your uterus and vagina that cause problems with conception and pregnancy.
- Multiple gestation means pregnancy with more than one baby.
- Premature rupture of membranes occurs when you water breaks before the end of your pregnancy.
Doctors do not always know how these maternal conditions develop. Some issues you are born with, while others can stem from injury, infection, or genetics. Your doctor will work hand in hand with you to understand any unique conditions you may have during your pregnancy.
Good pregnancy care remains the best option for protecting the health of you and your baby. See a doctor at a Dignity Health Central Coast hospital for everything you and your baby may need to maintain health and well-being:
Dignity Health provides ongoing care and treatment for maternal conditions on the Central Coast of California.