If you have cardiomyopathy, a heart condition that enlarges or thickens your heart, you may not be aware that you have it. For those, however, who do have symptoms and require cardiomyopathy treatment, Dignity Health Central Coast provides personal care to keep the heart beating strong and prevent complications.
The good news is that the first treatment simply requires adjusting a few things in your life to promote your heart health and well-being. These lifestyle changes can help you live life to its fullest and prevent other medical conditions.
Find a Doctor today for personal care during cardiomyopathy treatment on the Central Coast of California.
Cardiomyopathy Prevention & Treatment at Dignity Health Central Coast
You can reduce the risk of having a heart attack and keep your heart condition from getting worse with a few lifestyle changes. Our heart team recommends you manage your weight, exercise regularly, not smoke, and limit alcohol use.
To ease your symptoms and help your heart pump blood better, these cardiomyopathy treatment drugs can help:
- Diuretics eliminate water from your body to reduce the work on your heart.
- Antihypertensives lower your blood pressure.
- Electrolytes, such as potassium, help your heart muscle.
- Antiarrhythmics keep your heart beating regularly.
- Corticosteroids decrease inflammation in your blood vessels.
- Blood thinners, or anticoagulants, prevent blood clots.
When your condition becomes more severe and needs additional cardiomyopathy treatment, your Dignity Health Central Coast doctor may suggest other surgical and medical options, such as:
- Implantable devices, such as cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) and cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), send an electric pulse to your heart for an irregular or life-threatening heartbeat.
- Left ventricular assist device (LVAD) helps your heart pump blood to your body.
- Septal ablation shrinks an abnormally large septum, the wall dividing each side of your heart, and opens the path for improved blood flow.
- Septal myectomy removes part of the thickened septum with open heart surgery to increase blood flow through your heart.
- Heart transplant removes your diseased heart and places a healthy donor heart in its place.
Staying Healthy with Cardiomyopathy Treatment & Prevention
Your cardiomyopathy treatment on the Central Coast will depend on your personal goals and what is best for your health and well-being. Dignity Health Central Coast’s cardiac care doctors provide personalized care with humankindness, no matter your treatment decision.
When it comes to cardiomyopathy prevention, the goal is to keep your heart strong with a heart-healthy diet and exercise. Schedule an appointment at Dignity Health Central Coast for your heart health.
Dignity Health award-winning cardiac care helps keep your heart healthy with cardiomyopathy treatment and prevention throughout the Central Coast of California.