Tools for Heart and Vascular Health
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States, according to the American Heart Association. Fortunately, heart and vascular problems are preventable. And, if you have been diagnosed with a cardiology condition, there are many steps you can take to stay healthy.
Tools for Heart and Vascular Disease Prevention in Sacramento, CA
At the Dignity Health Heart and Vascular Institute of Greater Sacramento, one of our goals is to help you identify your cardiology risk factors and equip you with the tools necessary to lead a heart healthy lifestyle. We offer a number of tools, programs and classes that can help you maintain cardiology health and identify risk factors for heart and vascular disease early.
We offer the following resources:
- Calculate Your Max Heart Rate: An online tool to help you manage your exercise program
- Cardiovascular Conditioning: A program to help patients recover after a heart attack, angioplasty or open heart surgery
- Stay Healthy Newsletter: Patient newsletter from Dignity Health Heart and Vascular Institute of Greater Sacramento with news and tips for staying healthy
- Support Groups: Support for patients living with heart disease or Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD)
- Bicycle Fitting: Bike fitting so patients get the most out of their exercise
- Fitness for Life©: Program that evaluates fitness to help design a personalized exercise program
We also offer a menu of classes to help patients quit smoking and manage diabetes. Learn more about our Patient Classes.