Being physically active on a regular basis is one of the best things you can do for your heart. And the good news is that if you are currently less active than you like, increasing your physical activity now can still significantly reduce your risk for heart disease. And – it will make you feel better too!
The benefits of physical activity include:
- Improves heart and lung functioning
- Helps you lose weight or maintain a healthy weight
- Improves balance, muscle tone and joint flexibility
- Relieves stress and tension and improves your mood
- Reduces your risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, osteoporosis and diabetes
Aim for 30-60 minutes of physical activity most days of the week.
Print and Share: Learn more about how to exercise to improve your heart health.
Take the Next Step
If you think you’re at risk for cardiovascular disease, take the next step and find a cardiology specialist near you, use our Find a Doctor tool.