John A. Schafer, MD
Multiple Sclerosis Achievement Center
Whether you are newly diagnosed or have been living with multiple sclerosis (MS) for some time, the John A. Schafer, MD Multiple Sclerosis Achievement Center (MSAC) can help you take control of your health and achieve your wellness goals. We provide programs which focus on health and wellness to complement existing care.
The MSAC’s mission is to provide members and loved ones with information, support and care to help deal with the challenges of MS. Upon enrollment to the program, each person’s specific needs are identified by the MSAC staff and progress is monitored on an ongoing basis.
Programming supports multiple aspects of our members’ well-being, including:
- Individualized fitness programs with our expert staff assisting members to improve or maintain abilities such as strength, endurance, flexibility and balance.
- We also provide group exercises.
- Members participate in cognitive stimulation through use of iPad applications and written formats.
- Information is shared about various aspects of health, wellness and MS management through group discussions, community resources and guest speakers. Additional programs are available through a virtual meeting format.
- Through staff and member support, members learn to reduce stress and improve their emotional status.
- Members have access to various social activities and outings throughout the year.
* Modifications are made for both physical and cognitive wellness activities so individuals can participate safely.
The MSAC is open to anyone who has been diagnosed with MS. For admittance into the program, members must:
- Be able to attend the full duration of the program and participate in the activities one day per week
- Make arrangements for transportation to and from the MSAC
Individuals can self-refer and the MSAC staff will work with the member's physician to ensure any medical conditions are known and activities are modified accordingly.
A member’s participation in the program is ongoing and insurance is not billed. Program fees are determined using a sliding scale.
If you are interested in attending one of our programs and would like more information, please call: (916) 453-7966.
The MSAC is located at 7777 Greenback Lane, Suite 108, Citrus Heights, CA 95610.
The MSAC does not provide medical or neurological care. If you have specific questions about your medical or neurological care, please contact your physician or the Mercy MS Center at (916) 536-3670.
Learn more about the John A. Schafer, MD Multiple Sclerosis Achievement Center
Watch the video below and download our brochure to learn more about our program, including what the MSAC has offered over the past year.
Google Directions: John A. Schafer, MD Multiple Sclerosis Achievement Center