At Dignity Health - Northridge Hospital, we're dedicated to excellence in patient care. We're proud of this tradition, and the relentless spirit, leadership and achievements of our employees in delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable health care to the people of the communities we serve. Their commitment is reflected in the awards and recognition we continue to receive year after year.
Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center Designation by the Joint Commission
Northridge Hospital is designated as a Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and received designation as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by L.A. County Emergency Medical Services. The hospital was recognized for its commitment and success in implementing a high standard of stroke care and for ensuring that our stroke patients receive treatment that meets nationally accepted, evidence-based standards and recommendations.
AHA/ASA 2020 Get With the Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award plus Target: Stroke Elite Plus Honor Roll, and Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll
The Stroke Center was honored with the Get With The Guidelines® - Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award for 2020 and also qualified for recognition on the Target Stroke Honor Roll Elite. This award recognizes Northridge Hospital’s commitment and success in implementing a high standard of stroke care by ensuring that our stroke patients receive treatment meeting specific quality achievement measures for the diagnosis and treatment of stroke patients at a set level for a designated period. These measures include evaluation of the proper use of medications and other stroke treatments aligned with the most up-to-date, evidence-based guidelines with the goal of speeding recovery and reducing death and disability for stroke patients. Before discharge, patients should also receive education on managing their health, get a follow-up visit scheduled, as well as other care transition interventions.
We additionally received the Association’s Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll award. To qualify for this recognition, Northridge Hospital met quality measures developed with more than 90 % of compliance for 12 consecutive months for the “Overall Diabetes Cardiovascular Initiative Composite Score.”
One of America's 50 Best Hospitals
Dignity Health - Northridge Hospital is ranked by Healthgrades—a national health care ratings organization—as one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals for the fifth year in a row (2018-2022) .
This places us in the top one percent of hospitals in the nation consistently providing overall clinical excellence across a broad spectrum of conditions and procedures for at least seven consecutive years.
America’s Best Hospitals is Healthgrades highest distinction, awarded by demonstrating exceptional, comprehensive and consistent quality year over year. Simply put, patients are more likely to have a successful treatment without major complications—and have a better chance of recovery—at America’s Best Hospitals.
Northridge Hospital is ranked as America’s 100 Best Hospitals in the following areas:
- One of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Critical Care for 4 Years in a Row (2019-2022)
- One of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Gastrointestinal Care for 4 Years in a Row (2019-2022)
- One of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Gastrointestinal Surgery for 4 Years in a Row (2019-2022)
Blue Cross/Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center
Ensuring our patients receive quality care is a top priority at Northridge Hospital. Blue Distinction Centers® are part of a national designation program recognizing facilities that demonstrate expertise in delivering quality specialty care—safely, efficiently and cost effectively.
Northridge Hospital has received these designations in Knee and Hip Replacement/Spine Surgery and Cardiac Care.
Baby-Friendly® USA, Inc. has designated Dignity Health – Northridge Hospital as a Baby-Friendly hospital. Northridge Hospital is one of less than 10 percent of hospitals in the U.S. to earn this Baby-Friendly® Designation for adopting care practices that promote the highest level of breastfeeding support and education in the first crucial months of a baby's life.
The Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative was launched in 1991 by the World Health Organization and UNICEF to improve the role of maternity services to enable mothers to breastfeed their babies. Hospitals only receive such a designation only after significant effort and meeting challenging criteria.
Center for Rehabilitation Accreditation
The Rehabilitation Center is dually-accredited by The Joint Commission (TJC) and the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). In addition to our Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehabilitation, CARF also accredited our Spinal Cord Injury System of Care and Brain Injury Programs. Programs accredited by CARF have met rigorous standards, ensure the highest industry standards possible and are among the best available worldwide.
Northridge Hospital also received Healthgrades’ recognition in the following areas:
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Cardiology Services for 5 Years in a Row (2018-2022)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack for 9 Years in a Row (2014-2022)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure for 13 Years in a Row (2010-2022)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Critical Care Excellence Award for 11 Years in a Row (2012-2022)
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Critical Care for 4 Years in a Row (2019-2022)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for 17 Years in a Row (2006-2022)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades
Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award for 4 Years in a Row (2019-2022)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Gastrointestinal Surgery Excellence Award for 4 Years in a Row (2019-2022)
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Overall GI Services for 4 Years in a Row (2019-2022)
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Gastrointestinal Surgery for 4 Years in a Row (2019-2022)
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for GI Medical Treatment for 3 Years in a Row (2020-2022)
- Five-Star Recipient for Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeries in 2022
- Five-Star Recipient for Colorectal Surgeries for 4 Years in a Row (2019-2022)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Bowel Obstruction for 3 Years in a Row (2020-2022)
- Five-Star Recipient for Cranial Neurosurgery for 3 Years in a Row (2020-2022)
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 5 Years in a Row (2018-2022)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Pulmonary Care Excellence Award for 4 Years in a Row (2019-2022), and was named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Overall Pulmonary Services for 4 Years in a Row (2019-2022)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease for 9 Years in a Row (2014-2022)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia for 12 Years in a Row (2011-2022)
Human Rights Equality Honors
Through our continued efforts to boost health care equality for all, Northridge Hospital has been recognized as an Equality Leader by the 2022 Human Rights Campaign's Healthcare Equality Index. This rigorous national benchmarking tool evaluates health care facilities' policies and practices related to the equity and inclusion of LGBTQ+ patients, visitors, and employees.
Practice Greenhealth Award
Northridge Hospital has received the 2022 Partner for Change Award from Practice Greenhealth for its ongoing commitment to improving the hospital’s environmental performance and ensuring sustainability remains an integral part of our hospital's operations and overall culture.