As an unopposed program, we offer a well-rounded curriculum and experiences. Our program is firmly committed to providing quality healthcare to the underserved and to our community outreach programs. The program supports learning through active patient care supported by ready and available physician staff mentors.
Family Medicine Residency Program... What Makes Our Program Unique?
- Northridge is a community hospital, but because we are located in Los Angeles, and a trauma center, our patients and their illnesses are as varied as those in a large teaching hospital.
- We are part of a non-profit community center institution that combines private practice with generous charity care for our needy patients. You will care for patients from all demographics and will be doing community service every day.
- Our ambulatory clinic is located in a modernized, stand-alone medical office building adjacent to the hospital campus. Our resident’s inpatient duties and ambulatory clinics are conveniently located on the same campus.
- Our inpatient medicine service rivals those in internal medicine, with teaching by both internists and family physicians. Each resident works one-on-one with an attending physician for the length of the rotation. Daily radiology rounds, work rounds, and educational rounds supplement active care in the ICU and the nursing floors.
- The inpatient pediatrics rotation is active and varied – and located right here in our community hospital so there’s no need to drive to another hospital. Here at Northridge, residents get a lot of experience caring for pediatric patients on the pediatrics ward, pediatrics ICU, and in our clinic.
- Sports and musculoskeletal medicine are important parts of every resident’s experience. Our sports fellowship-trained faculty member supervises sports clinics twice a week and leads an active didactic program. Residents work at California State University Northridge in the sports medicine department, and also with other sports medicine physicians in the community.
- Residents have a variety of hands-on procedural experiences in both the inpatient and outpatient settings – allowing them to hone their surgical skills and learn how to perform common office procedures.
- Our Family Medicine Residency Program is operated by the Dignity Health Medical Group – Northridge Family Medicine.
To Our Prospective Applicants and Current Residents - Congratulations! A message from our director.