Northridge Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship is a one year fellowship program located in the San Fernando Valley just north of downtown Los Angeles in Southern California.
Sports Medicine Fellowship
Thank you for your interest in our Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship Program. We will be participating in this year’s ERAS/NRMP (The Match). We are currently only accepting candidates who have completed, or will be completing, a Family Medicine Residency.
Our Fellowship Program
Dignity Health Sports Medicine Fellowship at Northridge Hospital is a one year fellowship program located in the San Fernando Valley just north of downtown Los Angeles in Southern California.
Our educational mission is to train a well-rounded primary care sports medicine physician who:
- Has the ability and confidence to provide evidence-based care for a variety of populations and conditions
- Is comfortable working in varied clinical settings, serving as a team physician, and working with a multi-disciplinary sports medicine team
- Develops leadership, research, and critical analysis skills to serve effectively as a Sports Medicine specialist
- Maintains and improves their skills in primary care
- Serves as an educational resource for medical students and residents
This is accomplished in a variety of clinical settings, event coverage, and didactics. To achieve these educational goals, we have arranged a longitudinal curriculum focusing on providing experiences in different clinical settings. In addition, the schedule includes time for electives and research for the fellow to help tailor their education towards their anticipated future practices.
The primary clinical rotation sites:
- Southern California Orthopedic Institute: A community-based multi-disciplinary clinic providing orthopedic and sports medicine care with access to orthopedic surgical subspecialties, physical therapy, on-site MRI and radiology services, gait analysis and other ancillary services.
- Klotz Student Health Center at California State University, Northridge: A university-based clinic providing sports medicine care with access to physical therapy, chiropractic, on-site XRAY, athletic trainers, strength and conditioning, sports nutritionist, sports psychologist, kinesiology and other ancillary services.
- Continuity Clinic at Northridge Family Medicine Clinic: A community-based family practice residency clinic with opportunities to serve in a junior faculty role.
The primary team-based event coverage includes:
- California State University, Northridge (DIV 1 – Big West)
- Los Angeles Unified School District (High School Football Coverage)
- College of the Canyons (Community College Football Coverage)
Mandeep Ghuman, M.D.
Primary Care Sports Medicine Program Director
Family Medicine Residency Program Attending Physician
Affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Dignity Health Northridge Hospital Medical Center
18460 Roscoe Blvd.
Northridge, CA 91325
(818) 993-4054 (O)