Sports Fellow $69,051
PGY1: $64,272 + education fund $400
PGY2: $67,485 + education fund $400
PGY3: $70,656 + education fund $1,400
Sports Fellow $74,812
- New personal laptop on 1st day (returned at end of residency)
- Housing Allowance: $5,000 yr (received in biweekly pay)
- Vacation: 4 weeks (20 days)
- Paid holidays per year: New Year’s Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving (2 days), and Christmas Day
- 3 days PTO / Sick Days
- 5 days of CME during 3rd year
- 3 days of Interviews during 3rd year
- Free Meals ($30 day cafeteria)
- Night Team Fund $105 per person per rotation
- Parking: FREE
- White Coats Provided: 3 & free white coat laundering
- Personalized Jacket & Polo
- Health, Vision, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, hire date
- Resident House, Single Family Home for sleep rooms and events w/ cleaning services
- Maternity/Paternity leave available
- Annual ½ day Wellness Retreat: Residents only
- Yearly Residency Program Retreat: w/ Faculty, Residents and Families: The Residency Retreat is held each fall at a local seaside resort. Residents are invited to bring their significant others and children to share in the weekend. The weekend includes morning sessions with the Residents and Faculty discussing curriculum and other residency related issues, followed by an afternoon of fun for everyone at the park or beach, usually including a friendly game of football or softball.
- Everyone attends the Saturday night dinner party in costume relevant to the theme of the weekend. We get to take a little break from medicine and enjoy each other socially for an entire weekend…and best of all no hospital coverage.
Resident Expenses Paid by Hospital:
- California Medical Physician Training License + Fees
- Eligible for DEA License Fee Reimbursement
- ACLS/BLS re-certs, NRP/ PALS and Fire onsite & re-certs
Educational & Reference Resources
Access to medical literature is a necessary component of modern medicine, both at point of care decision making and for ongoing knowledge enrichment. Our residency provides a number of valuable access points including:
- UCLA Affiliation & BOL access, UCLA Diploma
- Dedicated Resident Office / Workrooms: Outpatient: individual cubbies & lockers, inpatient team workspace in Adult, peds and OB services w/ sleeping areas
- ABFM Study Materials
- POCUS Curriculum (coming soon in 2022)
- On-line access to UpToDate, MDConsult, and the New England Journal of Medicine through Northridge Hospital.
- AAFP membership along with online access to articles.
- Access to the UCLA Medical Library/Dynamed.
- The “Core Content” set of online questions and answers provided as a tool for the residents and as an education portal. Core Content gives our residents access to a vast library of information and allows residents to use the system to complete modules/tests that are self-assessment tools designed by national experts.
- Sonosim “The SonoSim Ultrasound Training Solution is the most comprehensive way to provide ultrasound education remotely. The cloud-based platform provides you the freedom to learn anytime-anywhere. The SonoSim Ultrasound Training Solution provides extensive didactic teaching, hands-on training, and knowledge assessment on a variety of topics”.