The Leavey Cancer Center has earned two esteemed accreditations from the Association of Community Cancer Centers and the American College of Surgeons (ACOS). Only 25 percent of hospitals nationwide have received the prestigious ACOS accreditation.
We’ve taken the lead as the first and only facility in the San Fernando Valley to offer two of the most cutting-edge pieces of medical equipment available: da Vinci® Si (single incision) Robotic Surgery System, and Trilogy Stereotactic Radiation Therapy. These treatments result in faster, more precise diagnoses, shorter hospital stays and quicker recoveries.
da Vinci Si Robotic Surgical System
Minimally invasive da Vinci Si (Single incision) Robotic Surgery allows physicians to perform prostatectomy, hysterectomy and other urological and gynecological procedures through incisions the size of a dime, or just one small incision. Patient advantages include a shorter hospitalization, reduced pain, less scarring and a faster recovery.
Trilogy Linear Accelerator Stereotactic System
During image-guided radiation therapy and stereotactic radiosurgery, the Trilogy treats cancer anywhere in the body with pinpoint accuracy in 3 to 5 sessions.
Does the Leavey Cancer Center Offer Clinical Research Opportunities?
As you discuss your cancer treatment choices with your physicians, ask if participating in a Clinical Trial is right for you. Groundbreaking medical advances are the result of new ideas and approaches developed through clinical research. We remain on the forefront of these latest research developments by participating in clinical research opportunities and partnering with some of the nation’s most credible institutions.
What Type of Supportive Services Does the Leavey Cancer Center Offer?
Fostering the mind, body and spirit through comprehensive services and advanced technology, the Leavey Cancer Center brings together all of the services that our patients need.
- Chapel and Meditation Garden
- Healing Garden
- Learning Library - free information on a wide-range of cancer topics, Internet access, and books and DVD's for purchase. A bilingual Patient Advocate is available for assistance.
- Look Good, Feel Better Program - restores confidence by enhancing patients’ appearance with make-up and wigs and educates them on their changing skin care needs.
- Massage Therapy
- Navigator Program – the patients’ point-of-contact concierge ensures a smooth transition among hospital services.
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Program
- Pet Therapy
- Social Services
- Spiritual Care
- Support Groups and Cancer Education
- Transitional Care Coordination Program - patients with chronic illnesses received individualized care that begins at admission and continues through discharge, a home visit and follow-up care.
Learn More About Cancer Care At Northridge Hospital Medical Center
For more information on the Leavey Cancer Center, please call (818) 885-5431. To find a physician, please call (818) 908-8677 or use our search tool to Find a Doctor.