Our Chaplains are specially trained and educated to provide spiritual support respectful to all faith traditions. Chaplains are available weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. You can reach Spiritual Care Services at 818.885.5351.
We also reach out to clergy, congregations, and community groups to create and nurture spiritual health and healing through collaboration.
Our Chaplains provide:
- An attentive, spiritual presence
- FREE Bereavement and Grief Support Groups
- Meditation materials
- Prayers, scriptures and ritual support
- Religious and spiritual resources
- Supportive listening
- Support for making difficult treatment decisions
Emergency Spiritual Care is available during the off hours. Your own spiritual and religious leaders are always welcome to visit or call you during your stay. If you need assistance contacting a religious leader from your faith tradition, a Chaplain can assist you.
- Our Chapel, located on the first floor, provides a place for prayer and meditation at any hour.
- A meditation garden is located at the end of the driveway at the rear entrance.
Other Resources Available
- Interfaith Chapel and Prayer Wall located on the first floor
- Calming music and imagery on the Meditation Channel #36 and #46 on the television in your room. Dial ext 5456 to access the TIGR Video on Demand System.
- Watch recorded services: Dial ext 5456
- Protestant Service #550
- Catholic Mass #552
- Rosary #533
- Shabbat Services #551
Grief Support Group
The Healing Journey
A 10-Week Grief Support Group dealing with grief and loss.
Group sessions are led by staff Chaplains from the Spiritual Care Department.
Select Fridays, 2:30 – 4 p.m., Classrooms 3 & 4 (on the B Level)
The group is free of charge and open to the public.
Call 818.885.8500, ext. 4560 for the start of the next scheduled group.