We respect and affirm the value of all religious and spiritual paths. The Spiritual Care Services team offers a compassionate, supportive and an objective ear. We believe that the healing process includes the body, mind and spirit.
Our Chaplains are specially trained and educated to provide spiritual support respectful to all faith traditions. Chaplains are available weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with some coverage on weekends. You can reach Spiritual Care Services at (818) 885-5351.
We also reach out to clergy, congregations, and community groups to create and nurture spiritual health and healing through collaboration.
Our Chaplains provide:
- An attentive, spiritual presence
- FREE Bereavement and Grief Support Groups
- Meditation materials
- Prayers, scriptures and ritual support
- Religious and spiritual resources
- Supportive listening
- Support for making difficult treatment decisions
Emergency Spiritual Care is available during the off hours. Ask your nurse to contact the on-call Chaplain. Your own spiritual and religious leaders are always welcome to visit or call you during your stay. If you need assistance contacting a religious leader from your faith tradition, a Chaplain can assist you.
- Our Chapel, located on the first floor, provides a place for prayer and meditation at any hour.
- Meditation gardens are located at the main entrance of the hospital, at the outside entrance to the Cancer Center, and at the end of the driveway at the hospital’s rear entrance.
Other Resources Available
- Interfaith Chapel and Prayer Wall located on the first floor.
- Due to COVID-19, Roman Catholic Mass is not offered at this time.
Grief Support Group
Due to COVID-19, the Grief Support Group is not being held. Please call for updates on when our Grief Groups will resume.
The Healing Journey
An 8-Week Grief Support Group dealing with grief and loss.
Group sessions are led by staff Chaplains from the Spiritual Care Department.
Select Fridays, 2:30 – 4 p.m.
The group is free of charge and open to the public.
Call (844) 202-0709, ext. 4560 for the starting date and location of the next scheduled group.