Wound care refers to medical services focused on treating and managing chronic wounds and surgical incisions. At Dignity Health, our wound care specialists are committed to providing personalized treatment to help people with a wide range of needs.
If you or a loved one needs immediate wound care in Arizona, visit your nearest Dignity Health urgent care center or emergency room. Before you go to the ER, use our InQuicker™ online tool to select your estimated hospital arrival time and wait at home until your time to be seen. Upon arrival and check-in, you will see a nurse who will assess your situation and determine the next appropriate level of care.
Types of Wounds We Treat
While mild scratches and cuts often heal on their own, serious wounds may take weeks or even months to heal properly. In certain instances, wounds can be very resistant to healing, or may never heal completely.
At Dignity Health, our wound care specialists offer the latest treatments for a wide array of non-healing wounds and wounds from surgery and injuries.
Wounds we treat include:
- Pressure sores
- Leg and foot ulcers
- Venous stasis ulcers, leg or ankle wounds caused by poorly functioning veins
- Trauma wounds
- Surgical wounds
- Cuts or lacerations
- Infected skin ulcers
- Sores from radiation exposure
If you or a loved would like to learn more about Dignity Health’s services for wound care in Arizona, Find a Doctor today.
Wound Care Services at Dignity Health
Dignity Health offers many wound care procedures and treatments to promote healing and recovery.
- Artificial skin acts as a second skin to cover the wound during healing.
- Debridement removes dead tissue, allowing the wound to heal.
- Compression treatments improves blood flow (i)ncludes compression stockings.
- Growth factor therapy stimulates cell growth and healing.
- Negative pressure therapy creates a vacuum over the wound with a special. dressing, increases blood flow, and removes excess fluid.
- Ultrasound uses sound waves to promote the healing process.
What to Expect With Wound Care
When you visit a hospital or wound care center at Dignity Health, you may receive treatment in the doctor’s office or at home, depending on your condition. Services such as ultrasound and hyperbaric oxygen therapy are performed in a clinical setting. Other treatments, such as compression and negative pressure therapy, can be performed at home.
Wound care specialists at Dignity Health are here to help you experience optimal wellness. Don’t hesitate to contact your health care provider if you have fever, bleeding, redness, swelling, pus, or worsening pain associated with your wound.
At Dignity Health, our dedicated wound care specialists offer compassionate treatment for people of all ages who need wound care in Arizona.