The signs of colon cancer are not always noticeable in its early stages. Recommended cancer screenings, such as colonoscopy, can help your doctor at Dignity Health Central Coast detect early symptoms.
With a philosophy of care, dignity, and respect, our expert oncologists can diagnose your colon cancer symptoms on the Central Coast of California. Find a Doctor to schedule a screening for your peace of mind and well-being.
Identifying the Signs of Colon Cancer at Dignity Health Central Coast
While usually not obvious during early cancer stages, colon cancer symptoms to watch for include:
- Low red blood cell count (anemia)
- Rectal bleeding
- Feeling weak or tired
- Very dark or bloody stool
- Cramping or pain in your abdomen
- Appetite loss or weight loss
- Bowel changes, such as constipation, diarrhea, or narrow stools
- Feeling that your bowels did not completely empty after a movement
Please don’t be alarmed if you experience any of these symptoms, as they can often be a sign of another condition, such as hemorrhoids. See your doctor for a complete diagnosis and the right treatment.
Diagnosing Early Signs of Colon Cancer
Catching colon cancer in its early stages is our goal at Dignity Health Central Coast. Cancer screenings most often find colorectal cancers early when they are the most treatable.
In addition to reviewing your medical history and completing a physical exam, your doctor also may order:
- Colonoscopy to gather tissue samples or a biopsy, or remove a polyp(s)
- Blood tests for tumor markers and complete blood count
- Imaging exams, including ultrasound and PET, MRI, and CT scans
To completely diagnose your colon cancer symptoms on California’s Central Coast, schedule an appointment today with a trusted oncologist at Dignity Health.
Dignity Health oncology services provide personalized care for colon cancer signs and symptoms on the Central Coast of California.