Expert Emergency Radiology on the Central Coast
Your doctors in the emergency room at Dignity Health Central Coast have an array of tools, including emergency radiology, to quickly diagnose and treat your medical emergencies.
If you are experiencing a life-threatening symptom or injury, signs of cardiac arrest, or heart attack, call 911.
Conditions Requiring Emergency Radiology at Dignity Health Central Coast
If you receive emergency care at a Dignity Health Central Coast hospital, you may need emergency radiology.
Emergency radiology can diagnose a number of emergency conditions, including:
- Abdominal emergencies
- Blood clots
- Chest emergencies, such as pulmonary embolisms, infections, or stroke
- Internal injuries
- Traumatic injuries, such as fractures, spine injuries, and neck injuries
Dignity Health Central Coast uses the latest diagnostic tools, including emergency radiology, to determine the most effective treatment for your condition.
Types of Emergency Radiology at Dignity Health Central Coast
Emergency radiology refers to imaging exams, including MRI, CT, and ultrasonography, so your emergency care doctors can diagnose your illness or injury.
When you visit one of our hospitals for emergency care, your doctor can order a number of different emergency radiology exams:
- Computed tomography (CT) takes specialized X-rays from multiple angles and converts them into a detailed, three-dimensional (3-D) image.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) uses a large magnet and other technology to generate a 3-D image.
- Ultrasonography uses sound waves to create a moving picture of a structure or organ such as a beating heart.
- X-ray uses a very small amount of ionizing radiation to create a still image of a structure or organ.
Your emergency doctors will use these radiology tests to pinpoint the cause of your illness or extent of your injury. Talk to a trusted expert at Dignity Health Central Coast to answer all your questions about emergency services.
Dignity Health provides life-saving emergency care, including emergency radiology, throughout the Central Coast of California.