Providing Personalized Care for Stroke on the Central Coast
The most effective stroke care requires an entire team of health care providers focused on your physical, mental, and spiritual needs. Dignity Health is the largest network of Primary Stroke Center hospitals on the Central Coast. You can receive advanced, comprehensive stroke care at these locations:
- Arroyo Grande Community Hospital
- French Hospital Medical Center
- Marian Regional Medical Center
- St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital
- St. John’s Regional Medical Center
Call 911 or seek immediate emergency care to set in motion brain-saving treatment delivered by a team focused solely on your stroke recovery and healing. Specific stroke care guidelines based on the severity of your stroke will guide treatment every step of the way.
Find a Doctor to learn more about our care for stroke on the Central Coast of California.
Comprehensive Stroke Care at Dignity Health Central Coast
A leading cause of disability in the US, stroke requires the expertise of many specialists. Your comprehensive stroke care team at Dignity Health Central Coast may include:
- Interventional radiologists
- Certified stroke nurses
- Stroke care coordinator
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech therapists
As part of our Dignity Health Central Coast Neuroscience Services Stroke Program, our neurological care team will walk with you every step of the way — from your initial ER arrival to diagnosing symptoms to rehab at home.
Once your doctor thoroughly reviews the cause and type of stroke, your medical history, and other important medical information, a personalized stroke care plan will guide your treatment, as well as help prevent another stroke.
Qualified Stroke Care for Your Healing
At Dignity Health Central Coast, our stroke specialists ensure the quality of care you or your loved one receives after a stroke. Established guidelines, evidence-based practices, and proven expertise all are part of our care.
This comprehensive approach to stroke recovery includes:
- Anticoagulant and antithrombotic therapy for ischemic stroke with atrial flutter or fibrillation
- Clot-busting medication and catheter procedures
- Statin medication for patient with LDL, or “bad” cholesterol
- Stroke education for you, your family, and caregivers
- Stroke rehabilitation assessments
Dignity Health offers exceptional care for stroke throughout the Central Coast of California.