According to the American Heart and Stroke Associations, stroke rehabilitation in an inpatient rehab facility—like Mercy General Hospital's Inpatient Rehabilitation program—will provide patients the best outcomes.
- Inpatient rehab facilities provide three hours a day of active rehab with physical, occupational and speech therapists.
- Nurses are available 24/7 and doctors typically visit daily.
- An inpatient rehab facility can be a separate unit of a hospital, or a free-standing facility.
Mercy General Hospital's Acute Rehabilitation program follows the American Heart and Stroke Associations' guidelines for stroke rehab:
- Training to improve mobility and ability to do daily tasks
- Individually tailored post stroke exercise program
- Access to cognitive/engagement actives such as books, games and the computer
- Speech therapy, if a stroke caused difficult speaking
- Eye exercises, if a stroke caused loss of vision
- Balance training for those with poor balance or fall risk
For a personal on-site consultation, referral, or more information, call (916) 453-4566 or (800) 330-4566