Our Rehabilitation Team
Medical Rehabilitation relies heavily on the human touch and on the partnership that forms between patient and caregiver. Our patients have the confidence of knowing that their dedicated rehabilitation team offers the optimal combination of medical care, therapeutic intervention, and support. Many of our nurses and therapists have more than 20 years of experience in rehabilitation and hold specialty certifications in their areas of expertise. Our patients benefit from the coordinated efforts of an interdisciplinary rehabilitation team focused on getting patients home and back to their lives.
Our Multidisciplinary Team
- Board certified physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians
- Registered nurses and care assistants specializing in rehabilitation
- Physical therapists to help regain strength, balance, and mobility
- Occupational therapists to relearn self-care skills
- Speech language pathologists to help improve swallowing, thinking, and communicating
- Respiratory therapists to monitor and enhance breathing
- Neuropsychologists to help assess changes in brain function and behavior
- Social workers to provide resources and assist with managing life changes and new challenges
- Nurse care coordinators to coordinate a smooth transition home
- Additional specialists such as dietitians, pharmacists, pet therapists, music therapists, peer mentors, support group leaders, and chaplains
Albert Hwang, MD, our medical director, is a board certified physiatrist. He graduated from The Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University. He completed his rehabilitation residency at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago. His clinical interests include chronic pain, electrodiagnosis, stroke, and spinal cord injury.
Jeremy Wren, DO, our assistant medical director, is a board certified physiatrist. He completed a pre-doctoral fellowship in anatomy and osteopathic manipulative medicine, and later graduated from the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed his rehabilitation residency locally at the University of California Davis Medical Center. His special interests include spinal cord injury and musculoskeletal care.
For a personal on-site consultation, referral, or more information, call (916) 453-4566 or (800) 330-4566.