Your loved ones are important to us
We recognize the important role family and loved ones play in the healing process, and we encourage visitors to come when it is best for their loved one. You and your loved ones are important to us.
Visitor Restrictions and Guidelines
Our number one priority is to keep our patients, visitors, and hospital community safe.
To help prevent the transmission of the COVID19 we are modifying the current visitation guidelines in order to protect patients, visitors, caregivers, and the community in the wake of spike in cases in LA County, California and across the United States. These precautions are in alignment with, but not limited to, the guidelines and recommendations from the California Department of Public Health, the CDC and LA County.
Inpatient and outpatient visitation will be permitted as outlined below and anyone entering the hospital will be screened upon arrival and must wear a mask or face covering at all times. Items that support the patient’s activities of daily living, ie. eye glasses, dentures, hearing aids, assistive devices, and cell phones/chargers can be brought into the hospital and left with Security. They will subsequently contact the corresponding department and the department will send personnel down to retrieve the item(s). Floral, food and/or gift deliveries for patients are not currently accepted.
Visitation will be allowed under the following circumstances:
ADULT INPATIENT/OUTPATIENT UNITS
- All non-COVID19 ADULT Inpatient Units – No visitations at this time with the exception of patients who are under comfort care/end of life or for patients with around the clock caregivers at home.
- Comfort Care visits will be limited to (1) visit only with a 15 min duration for up to (4) family members with prior approval.
- Visitors will not be allowed in COVID19 designated units for any reason.
- Visitors will not be permitted in the hospital cafeteria or other public areas of the hospital.
- Laboring mothers will be permitted (1) visitor/support person in the birthing suite during deliveries.
- Doulas will be permitted, in addition to partner/support person, to assist with labor/birthing process
- If mom is still admitted to hospital: Both parents can visit but one at a time 24/7, with switching allowed; day of discharge parents can come at same time for discharge teaching
- If mom is already discharged: 1 parent at a time between 6am – 6pm; 1 switch out allowed with notification to Charge RN; parents should arrive before 6:45 am or after 7:15 am to avoid disruption of shift report
- One parent/legal guardian every 24 hours with a change of parent/guardian between 8:00 am – 10:00 am. Please direct parents to arrange to bring food. They will NOT be permitted to enter the cafeteria or vending areas and must remain in patient room at all times.
- Only the patient seeking care will be permitted in the ED, unless in the case of a minor (under the age of 18), end of life/comfort care, a patient with intellectual or developmental disabilities that requires an around the clock caregiver at home.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
All student rotations are suspended until further notice.
Our hospital volunteer program is suspended until further notice.
The Gift Shop Closed until further notice.
ACCESS TO THE HOSPITAL FOR PATIENTS AND VISITORS:
Hospital main entrance- Farr Tower open 5:00am and 7:30pm
Health & Safety
Be Well. Please do not visit the hospital if you have any flu symptoms, including a fever over 100 degrees, cough, sore throat, runny nose, rash or diarrhea, of if you have recently been exposed to someone with symptoms.
Wash Your Hands. Be sure to wash or sanitize your hands before and after visiting your loved one. Proper hand hygiene is the best way to reduce the spread of germs.
No Smoking Campus. We are committed to caring for the health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff. Because of this pledge, smoking and using any tobacco products is prohibited in all areas of the Northridge Hospital campus, including exterior walkways and parking areas. People who smoke will need to refrain from smoking or leave the campus to smoke. If you are a patient who smokes, nicotine replacement therapy is available. Please notify your doctor or nurse.
Northridge Hospital Medical Center
18300 Roscoe Blvd.
Northridge, CA 91328
Additional Amenities & Services
- ATM - For your convenience, an automated teller machine (ATM) is located near the Admitting Department in the Main Lobby on the First Floor.
- Cafeteria - Find a wide variety of meals and snacks.
- Department Phone Directory
- Gift Shop - Choose from a variety of items for your loved one.
- Guest Internet - We are happy to provide our patients and guests with a free wireless Internet connection.
- Maps and Directions
- Medical Records
- Online Nursery
- Spiritual Care
- Tobacco-Free Campus