The Votes Are in! Thanks for voting Northridge Hospital as the "Best in Pediatric Care" in the Daily News Reader's Choice Awards, for the second year in a row.When a child is sick or injured, Northridge Hospital is the Valley’s first choice for emergent care. We are the San Fernando Valley’s first designated Pediatric Medical Center, and the first Pediatric Trauma Center. We have the clinical expertise, specialty pediatric staffing and technologically advanced equipment needed to effectively provide excellent care for all pediatric patients.
Our new Pediatric Unit is modern and kid-friendly with features that include:
- Pediatric Intensivist available onsite 24/7
- Most advanced medical equipment available, sized to fit children from infants to teens
- Parent friendly rooms to accommodate overnight stays
- Playroom with floor to ceiling windows to allow children to experience the healing effect of natural sunlight
Traumatic injuries are the leading cause of death and disability in children, making immediate, life-saving medical care crucial. The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) provides an extra measure of critical care medical support. The 14-bed PICU is certified by California Children’s Services.
Child Life Specialists
For a child, hospitals can be frightening. Child Life specialists use medical play to explain tests and procedures and provide coping techniques to help reduce the stress of a hospital stay using play, art, music and pet therapy. This minimizes the negative impact associated with illness and injury and promotes healing using a family-centered approach to care.
How We Work with Children
- Help children develop ways to cope with fear, anxiety, separation, and adjustment to the hospital experience.
- Facilitates developmentally appropriate play, including medical play, at the bedside and in the playroom.
- Provide consultation to the health care team regarding developmental and psychosocial issues.
- Provide preparation and support before, during, and after medical procedures.
Learn More About Pediatric Care At Northridge Hospital Medical Center
For more information, please call (818) 885-8500. To find a physician, please call (818) 908-8677 or use our search tool to Find a Doctor.