If your child requires critical care medical support our Pediatric Medical Center provides an 8-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) certified by California Children’s Services.
Child Life Program
For children and teens, hospitals can be stressful. Our Certified Child Life Specialist, educated and clinically trained in the developmental impact of illness and injury, helps children and their family with the stress and uncertainty of hospitalization through supports that include:
- Preparation for medical experiences
- Introducing coping strategies to help reduce fear, anxiety and pain
- Provide support during medical procedures and other needs during hospitalization
- Encourage patients age appropriate participation in care
- Provide age appropriate activities, facilitates developmentally appropriate play and opportunities for expression
- Provide consultation to the health care team regarding developmental and psychosocial issues
Child Life at NHMC currently accepts practicum students that are affiliated with contracted universities. Please connect with your school to verify if there is an existing affiliation. Child Life Internships are not available at this time.
Ways that you can make a donation include:
Pet Therapy Program
A dose of puppy love is just what the doctor ordered. While our dedicated team cares for medical needs, our pet therapy “dog-tors” warm hearts and calm anxieties. Learn More.
Learn More About Pediatric Care At Northridge Hospital Medical Center
For more information, please call our Dedicated Pediatric Phone Line (818) 700-5606. To find a physician, please call (818) 908-8677 or use our search tool to Find a Doctor