Our mission is to establish a partnership between practitioners, patients and families/care partners. We aim to ensure collaboration so healthcare decisions respect and reflect patients' wants, needs and preferences.
- Providing user friendly and timely education and support so patients/families/care partners can make decisions and participate in their own care and may include issues related to quality, safety or other programs, policies, procedures or concerns.
- Incorporating multiple approaches to accommodate different styles of learning.
- Speaking as a voice for acute rehabilitation patients in the decisions that affect how they receive care.
- Providing resources for patients and their families during the rehab stay and after discharge.
- Helping the staff understand what it is like to be a patient in the rehabilitation process.
- Aligning medical center policies and procedures to incorporate patient and family centered care principles.
- Providing a forum that enables patients and family members to have direct input into the development of policies, programs and practices at NHMC.
- Allowing communication of concerns and discussion of solutions at NHMC.
- Evaluating and streamlining current processes in order to continue to promote high patient satisfaction.
The PFAC will include a total of 10-15 members comprised of former patients and/or family members/care partners, and members of Northridge Hospital Rehabilitation staff. Members must have personal experience or interest in rehabilitation. The group meets every other month to work on projects and discuss issues/needs to improve our program and better serve our community.
Some of the things we will talk about include:
- Why do you have an interest in rehabilitation?
- What was your experience in rehabilitation?
- What skills can you bring to our team?
- Do you have other volunteer experience?
Some skills that we are looking for in our new members:
- Computer technology
- Proofreading and ability to give feedback on new forms and education materials
- Knowledge of community resources and outpatient options
- Knowledge of caregiver skills
- Ability to give feedback on new designs
- Updated website with patient resources.
- Enhanced signage to provide ease of direction to the rehab unit.
- Streamlined the patient registration process to make more user friendly for our patients
Learn More About Rehabilitation Services At Northridge Hospital Medical Center
For more information, please call (818) 885-8500, or email [email protected]. To find a physician, please call (818) 908-8677 or use our search tool to Find a Doctor.