We can’t change the world by ourselves. Partnering with others who share our vision and values is the only way to bring about real improvements in the healthcare system. Our Community Grants Program is one way we are working with others to increase access to quality care.
Identifying with Our Priorities
From the assessment process, strategic health priorities for our service areas have been identified. An objective of Dignity Health’s Community Grants Program is to award grants to organizations that partner together and whose proposals respond to these priorities identified by our hospitals:
- Access to Care
- Chronic Disease
- Youth Development
- Project to be funded must be comprised of at least three (3) or more partnering organizations and be linked to either/both Community Hospital of San Bernardino or St. Bernardine Medical Center;
- Lead applicant must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization;
- Project or program must be in response to a health priority listed above.
- Grand funds are awarded up to $100,000. Due to availability of funds, this amount may be reduced;
- Partner organizations must submit one joint Letter of Intent;
- Funded projects must involve collaboration with others, embody Dignity Health’s core values, and work to improve the health status and quality of life of the communities we serve;
- Applicants must strictly adhere to the grant guidelines.
Apply for a Grant
Begin by downloading and following the Letter of Intent (LOI) template. Changing the format of the LOI template will result in automatic disqualification.
LOI are due by 5 p.m. on June 30.
Full proposals, if invited to submit, are due by 5 p.m. on October 21.
The Community Grants Program is funded by contributions from Dignity Health member hospitals and helps hospitals like St. Bernardine Medical Center and Community Hospital of San Bernardino to create healthier communities.
For additional information, please download our brochure.