Who Does Your Heart Beat For?
If you or a loved one is suffering from heart disease, the cardiologists at St. Bernardine Medical Center can help keep your heart beating strong.
Inland Empire Heart & Vascular Institute
The Inland Empire Heart & Vascular Institute at St. Bernardine Medical Center is one of the largest programs in the Inland Empire with cardiac specialists with the experience, expertise and skill to provide complete heart care. We’re trusted by more physicians and heart patients, for very good reasons.
Take the Online Health Risk Assessment
Watch video recipes for healthy eating, take an online heart risk assessment and then find a doctor or specialist near you. Take the assessment
About the Inland Empire Heart & Vascular Institute
As one of the largest heart programs in Southern California, the Inland Empire Heart & Vascular Institute has helped define the concept of special-care units by offering everything related to heart care in one convenient location.
We’re the regional leader in cardiac care, nationally recognized by the medical community, and known for our achievements, our innovative thinking and our complete focus on each individual heart.
Since 1960, the Inland Empire Heart & Vascular Institute has treated each patient with compassion in one of the most innovative cardiac care environments in Southern California. And we’re just getting started.
Taking Care of You from Diagnosis to Treatment Through Rehabilitation
- Emergency Services: 24-hour on-site emergency care and designation as a STEMI Center for heart attacks.
- Traditional Diagnostic Services: Including a 64-slice CT scanner equipped with complete cardiac applications, plus echocardiograms, stress and treadmills tests.
- Five Catheterization Labs: State-of-the-art technology to perform the latest cardiac and peripheral vascular diagnostic and interventional procedures, as well as electrophysiology studies for heart rhythm disorders, treatment of atrial fibrillations, and implantation of pacemakers and AICDs.
- Cardiothoracic Surgery: Fully-equipped surgical suites for open heart, thoracic and complex valve surgeries.
- Inpatient Care: Definitive observation and cardiac telemetry units, and a state-of-the-art coronary care unit.
- Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation: A full-service, monitored exercise facility that includes physical therapy.
- Heart Care Clinic: Disease management and lifestyle support for St. Bernardine patients.
Our Commitment, Our Team
Our expertise and quality outcomes have made us a cardiac center of excellence for many major health insurers. In fact, we've been designated for expertise and positive clinical outcomes by Kaiser Permanente in the Inland Empire and Blue Cross, Blue Shield, PrimeCare and United Healthcare/PacifiCare in California
We have a reputation for noteworthy achievements resulting from our dedication to providing the most advanced medical services delivered with compassionate care of body, mind and spirit.
The Inland Empire Heart & Vascular Institute delivers care with an innovative team of highly-qualified clinical professionals, interventional cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons who are board-certified physicians. We're dedicated to making each patient feel comfortable and important, to presenting our physicians with extraordinary opportunities and to providing all aspects of heart care.
To learn more about the Inland Empire Heart &Vascular Institute, we invite you to download any of our available information. Download brochures
Heart Valve Surgery
When it's your heart, or the heart of a loved one, you want the best. We approach our care, one heart, one unique patient at a time.
There are many different options for heart valve repair and replacement...
Need more information on valve surgery? Visit our page on heartvalvesurgery.com
St. Bernardine Medical Center's Inland Empire Heart & Vascular Institute is one of the select providers in the country to offer patients a minimally invasive procedure for heart valve replacement. Called Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR), the procedure allows for valve replacement without opening a patient’s chest. Learn More
A heartbeat, strong and healthy. Keeping it that way often requires professionals like the cardiac specialists at the Inland Empire Heart & Vascular Institute at St. Bernardine Medical Center. Since 1960, we have been providing heart care to Inland Southern California and beyond. Watch Our Video
Learn More About Heart Care At St. Bernardine Medical Center
2101 N. Waterman Ave.
San Bernardino, CA 92404
Details & Directions: Inland Empire Heart and Vascular Institute (2101 N. Waterman Avenue)
401 E. 21st Street
San Bernardino, CA 92404
Details & Directions: Heart Care Clinic at St. Bernardine Medical Center (401 E. 21st Street)