If you have already gone through the gamut of diet, exercise and sacrifice without achieving significant, sustainable weight loss, Surgical Weight Loss may be the answer.
Bariatric surgery is not cosmetic and should not be considered based on simply “looking better.” There are risks with any surgery, so this alternative should be an option only after serious discussion with your physician to determine:
- If surgery is the right treatment for you.
- If you are mentally and emotionally prepared to make lifelong lifestyle changes.
- If you have the support system you need to succeed.
Step 1: attend a free information seminar - hear directly from the surgeon.
The best way to get started is to attend one of our free seminars to get the information you need to make an educated decision on whether
surgery is right for you. Seminars are held bi-monthly at St.
Bernardine Medical Center
- Introduction by Kimberly Benites, RN, CBN, surgical weight loss program coordinator
- Presentation by Douglas Krahn, MD or Channing Chin, MD about surgery options.
- In-person resources to help you start Step 2, the in-office consultation visit to discuss your personal goals and options.
Be sure to fill out your profile form and bring it to the seminar in order to personalize your experience. Click here to register or call (909) 806-1250.
Once you have attended a free information seminar and chosen a physician
you will complete a series of medical clearances. Your physician and our Surgical Weight Loss coordinator will walk you through that. They include:
- Primary care physician clearance
- Psychological evaluation
- Upper GI exam
- Gallbladder ultrasound exam
- Nutritional evaluation
Depending on your medical condition or insurance requirement, additional medical clearances may include:
- Cardiac clearance
- Pulmonary clearance
- Medical weight loss management
All requirements will vary depending on your individual medical condition and insurance plan, but you will have the support of your Surgical Weight Loss coordinator to guide you.
Learn More About Surgical Weight Loss At St. Bernardine Medical Center
For more information on
surgery or to find a physician, please call (909) 806-1250 or use our search tool to Find a Doctor.