Skilled Care for Blurred Vision in Southern California
If you can no longer see fine details when you look at a sign or object, you are experiencing blurry vision. While loss of sharp, focused vision may mean you need corrective glasses (a refractive error), blurred vision can also be a symptom of a serious health problem.
Our skilled eye specialists at Dignity Health Southern California recommend professional medical attention for any change in your vision. Use our simple Find a Doctor tool to make an appointment with one of our board-certified eye doctors if you are experiencing blurred vision in Southern California.
If you or someone you are with experiences sudden blurred vision in one eye or both eyes, seek immediate medical care. You will receive exceptional medical care in the emergency room (ER) at all of our locations:
- California Hospital Medical Center
- Community Hospital of San Bernardino
- Glendale Memorial Hospital and Health Center
- Northridge Hospital Medical Center
- St. Bernardine Medical Center
- St. John's Hospital Camarillo
- St. John's Regional Medical Center
- St. Mary Medical Center Long Beach
Please use our InQuicker online waiting tool to select an estimated arrival time, so you can wait in the comfort of home until it's time to be seen.
Serious Symptoms with Blurry Vision
At Dignity Health Southern California, our experienced doctors perform a full medical evaluation to diagnose your condition. Seek medical care right away for sudden blurred vision.
Other symptoms you may experience include:
- Droopy eyelid
- Double vision, halos around lights, or sensitivity to light
- Eye problems, such as redness, pain, or feeling like you have something in your eye
- Headache with or without neck stiffness
- Nausea and vomiting
- Problems speaking or understanding speech
- Pulsations that you can feel or hear
- Weakness on one side of the face or body with problems speaking or understanding speech. These are signs of stroke. Call 911 for the fastest help possible.
Blurry Vision Causes We Treat at Dignity Health Southern California
Serious causes of blurred vision we treat at Dignity Health Southern California include:
- Glaucoma, specifically acute angle-closure
- Brain hemorrhage (bleeding)
- Hydrocephalus (elevated spinal fluid pressure)
- Eye injury
- Optic neuritis
- Severe high blood pressure
- Tumors of the brain, orbit, and optic nerve
Our doctors have immediate access to emergency radiology services, emergency surgery, and excellent eye surgeons should you need emergency treatment.
Dignity Health Southern California is your partner in managing and preventing eye diseases and protecting your vision — let us know how we can help.
Experienced optometrists and ophthalmologists at Dignity Health provide expert diagnosis and treatment for blurred vision in Southern California.