How to Apply
The Internal Medicine Residency Program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). For information about the Matching Program log on to www.nrmp.org contact the NRMP at (202) 828-0676, toll-free at (866) 617-5837 or email [email protected].
To apply to the SMMC-SF Internal Medicine Residency Program you must submit your application via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applications that are not submitted through ERAS will not be accepted for processing. Please contact your student affairs office for information regarding your school’s processing procedures for ERAS applications and software.
Internal Medicine Program Applicant Requirements:
- Must apply through ERAS before December 31
- USMLE transcript confirming passing performance on Step 1 and Step 2 numerical score
- LOR from Chair of Medicine, 2 additional LOR’s from faculty supervisors, at least one from an inpatient internal medicine attending
- Valid ECFMG Certificate (IMGs)
- Recent graduation and current USA meaningful clinical experience ( IMG’s)
- US Citizenship, permanent residency or EAD qualification
If you have additional questions or would like more information about our Internal Medicine Residency program, please email the Residency Coordinator at [email protected] with specific questions.