Emergency Medicine Residency Program
We at Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Medical Center in Stockton, California are
thrilled to announce the start of a new era in Medical Education at our facility.
Message from the Program Director
We at Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Medical Center in Stockton, California are thrilled to announce the start of a new era in Medical Education at our facility. In the summer of 2018 we welcomed the first new residency programs in both Emergency Medicine and Family Medicine.
Join the Most Exciting and Innovative EM Program in the Country!
3-Year Program dedicated to teaching excellence in clinical care
- High acuity, high volume site preparing residents to work in any ED in the country
- As of August 2020, our residents have performed 1,592 intubations and 1,130 central lines since residency inception in July 2018.
World Class Education Resources
- 6 Ultrasound machines, including 4 dedicated to resident education
- New state of the art simulation and medical lab opened June of 2020
- Diverse faculty with specialized training in Toxicology, EMS, Wilderness, Simulation, Ultrasound, Education, Community Outreach, Medico-Legal, and ED Operations
Second Busiest ED in Northern California
- Over 100,000 visits per year (17% pediatrics)
- High Acuity with a 17.7% admission rate
- Highest sepsis cases in the Common Spirit Health System
Commitment to Underserved Communities
- Not-for-profit tertiary care hospital system in the heart of Stockton, California
- The most racially diverse large city in America and one of the most progressive cities in America
- Parent organization dedicated to community outreach
- One of the CA BRIDGE program sites combating the opiod epidemic
Prime Northern California Location
- Historic gold rush port city on the banks of the mighty San Joaquin River
- 60 minute drive to the San Francisco Bay Area
- 90 minute drive to the Sierra Nevada Mountains
For More Information Please Contact:Christina Tornero
Emergency Medicine Residency Coordinator
Graduate Medical Education