Mission and Values
MissionTo provide high-quality education to residents and evidence-based emergency care to an economically and culturally diverse community, as well as advance research and scholarly activity.
VisionFoster academic and clinical education, research and scholarly activities, quality improvement initiatives, leadership opportunities and community service among all members of our medical community for the betterment of our patients and their families.
- Excellence in all we do and we not only strive for but plan for continuous improvement
- Patient, family and community is at the center of all the care we provide
- Compassion and respect for the dignity of all patients as well as families, co-workers, colleagues, and all other members of our community
- A culture of diversity and inclusiveness should be fostered in all interactions and a welcoming environment is always expected
- Responsiveness and responsibility to the needs of the people in our communities
- Integrity and transparency in all decisions, with patient and institutional outcomes in mind