The Emergency Department at St. Joseph’s Medical Center – Stockton provides a dedicated team of physicians, nurses, residents, staff, and on-call specialists to treat critically ill and injured adults and children. The department has the highest volume and acuity of all the hospitals within the Dignity Health system and is one of the highest volume departments in Northern California.
The Emergency Department is a STEMI receiving center, Stroke receiving center, and the largest Emergency Department in San Joaquin County. The department serves the diverse patient population of Stockton and the surrounding metropolitan area. The Emergency Department team provides an extraordinary level of knowledge, skill and compassion to every patient.
- Over 100,000 unique patient visits per year
- Approximately 18-19% admission rate with 20-22% of those patients going to the ICU
- Dedicated 4-bed Pediatric area
- STEMI, ROSC, and Stroke receiving center
- Recently upgraded Electronic Medical Record system
- ED Pharmacist program