Caring Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery on the Central Coast
If you have a neurological condition that needs surgery, your Dignity Health Central Coast doctor may recommend minimally invasive neurosurgery. This type of neurosurgery has minimal risk of infection and has a faster recovery than traditional neurosurgery.
If you have a condition affecting your brain, nerves, or spine, Find a Doctor to learn more about minimally invasive neurosurgery on the Central Coast of California. It help reduce your symptoms and restore your physical, mental, and spiritual well-being.
Why Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery at Dignity Health Central Coast?
Minimally invasive neurosurgery can help treat many different neurological conditions. Your doctor may recommend this form of neurosurgery if you have one of the following conditions:
- Spinal cord tumors
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Brain aneurysm
- Cushing’s disease
- Orthopedic spine conditions, including herniated or ruptured discs, arthritis in your spine, bone spurs, degenerative disc disease, or spinal stenosis
- Brain cysts and tumors
- Decompression of your spinal cord or spinal nerves
Common types of minimally invasive neurosurgery include:
- Minimally invasive cervical, thoracic, or lumbar surgery uses small incisions to repair orthopedic spinal conditions.
- Microcraniotomy makes a small incision in your scalp and skull to gain access to your brain.
- Endoscopic neurosurgery is performed through your nasal cavity using a flexible scope.
What to Expect with Neurosurgery
Reassurance comes from knowing a team of neurosurgery specialists are close by at Dignity Health Central Coast. Your skilled neurosurgeon will explain that general anesthesia or sedation will be used during your procedure. You may need to spend one or more nights at one of the following Dignity Health Central Coast hospitals:
- Arroyo Grande Community Hospital
- French Hospital Medical Center
- Marian Regional Medical Center
- St. John's Hospital Camarillo
- St. John's Regional Medical Center
Your doctor will meet with you and your loved ones to discuss what to expect from your surgery. Your recovery time will depend on your overall health and the treatments you may need after surgery. Physical therapy can help you fully recover, enhance your quality of life, and regain the greatest movement.
Talk to your doctor to learn if minimally invasive neurosurgery is right for you.
Dignity Health provides expert minimally invasive neurosurgery on California’s Central Coast.