LAS VEGAS, August 19, 2020 –
Dignity Health-St. Rose Dominican Hospitals and Vitalant, Nevada’s largest non-profit community blood provider, are calling on recovered COVID patients to consider donating blood plasma to benefit other southern Nevadans currently fighting the virus.
Convalescent plasma, plasma from people who have recovered from COVID-19, contains antibodies to the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, which can be given to patients currently fighting COVID-19. Together, we can save lives.
To be eligible, donors must have had COVID-19 symptoms, plus:
- A prior laboratory diagnosis of COVID-19
- Complete resolution of symptoms for at least 28 days
- To learn more about Convalescent Plasma and whether you are eligible to donate, to go vitalant.org/COVIDfree
Donors must be previously screened and scheduled. Donors cannot walk in for this procedure. Call or log-in today to schedule an appointment to donate blood or plasma.
- To register to donate, go to www.bloodhero.com and enter sponsor code STROSESIENA. Or call Vitalant at (877) 258-4825.
- All successful blood donations will be tested for COVID-19 antibodies. Donors will receive their test results within two weeks.
- Blood donations will also be accepted at this event.
Tuesday, August 25 – 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Dignity Health-St. Rose Dominican, Siena Campus
3001 St. Rose Parkway, Henderson, NV 89052 (Eastern & St. Rose Parkway)
The Food and Drug Administration is allowing the transfusion of convalescent plasma as an investigational treatment. It’s currently the only antibody treatment available for COVID-19 patients. Vitalant is working with hospitals to collect, process and distribute the plasma for treatment in patients with active, serious COVID-19 infections.
All donors will be screened for CIVID symptoms and fever upon entering the hospital and must wear a mask in the building at all times. Donors must remain masked while donating.