The second acute-care hospital to open in Henderson, Siena Campus is named after Saint Catherine of Siena (1347-1380), a lay woman who devoted her life to prayer and caring for the sick and poor. Catherine of Siena was canonized in 1461 and named a Doctor of the Church in 1970 which means her teachings are considered relevant for the whole church and for all time.
Siena provides unparalleled health care services in a beautiful environment - the hospital was named the eighth most beautiful hospital in the world by Healthcare Business & Technology.
The hospital's southwest exterior features light colors, Spanish tiles and natural stone that compliments the surrounding neighborhoods, with
- a 100-foot bell tower serving as a dramatic focal point
- a healing garden surrounded by lush greenery, fountains and fragrant flowers
- tranquil aquariums in waiting rooms; and
- an atrium filled with natural light and soft, soothing music