Drive-Through Flu Shot Clinic - Friday, November 6
OCTOBER 30, 2020 -
Drive-Thru Vaccination Clinic - Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, reducing the spread of respiratory illnesses, like flu, this fall and winter is more important than ever. Getting vaccinated anytime during the flu season can help protect you.
An annual flu vaccine is recommended for everyone 6 months of age and older, especially people 65 years and older, pregnant women, and those with certain medical conditions.
Friday, November 6, 2020, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
Dignity Health-St. Rose Dominican, Rose de Lima Campus
98 East Lake Mead Parkway, Henderson, NV 89015
(near Lake Mead Pkwy & Boulder Highway)
NOTE: Enter from Lake Mead Pkwy and follow posted directions for Flu Shots
Bring your health insurance card. Flu vaccines have $0 cost under most plans.
- Pre-register by November 5 at https://booking.appointy.com/immunizenevada
- Wear short sleeves or loose clothing.
- Masks must be worn at all times
The best way to prevent flu is by getting a vaccination each year. Despite this fact, myths about the flu persist, prompting many to avoid this simple, common sense health benefit:
- The flu vaccine gave me the flu! - The fact is, it is scientifically impossible to get the flu from a vaccine. Why? For one, injected flu vaccines only contain dead virus and a dead virus can’t infect you. Some people may feel bad after getting a flu shot - muscle aches, low grade fever, achy arm at the site of the injection. This is good, in that it means your immune system is responding.
- Immunize Nevada debunks more flu myths here. Or visit https://immunizenevada.org
- Learn more about flu from the CDC here.
Publish date:Friday, October 30, 2020