St. Rose Awards Nearly $337,000 in Grants
This is the 21st year St. Rose has made such funding available. Grant awardees received the funding at a luncheon held Thursday, January 9, at the St. Rose Dominican, Siena Campus.
“St. Rose has been committed to providing quality healthcare and supporting the communities of Henderson and Las Vegas for more than 66 years,” said Rod Davis, senior vice president of operations for Dignity Health Nevada. “Awarding these grants to other nonprofit, health-related organizations during these exceptionally tough economic times will enable us all to continue working toward improving the health and well being of those in our community.”
Community organization recipients included:
- Dr. Joel & Carol Bower School-Based Health Center: $50,000;
- The Shade Tree Stallman-Touro Clinic: $20,000;
- Volunteers in Medicine of Southern Nevada: $50,000;
- Helping Kids Clinic: Health Access without Walls: $50,000;
- FirstMed Health & Wellness: $20,000;
- Saint Therese Center: $16,984;
- Nevada Diabetes Association: $15,000;
- Jewish Federation: $50,000;
- UNLV Nevada Healthy Homes: $65,000.
To be selected for a grant, an organization or program must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- address the greatest health needs of the community;
- emphasize prevention to addresses the underlying cause of health problems;
- contribute to a seamless continuum of care;
- build upon and mobilize existing services in the community; and
- engage diverse community stakeholders in implementation and oversight.
Publish date:Friday, January 24, 2014