St. Rose has awarded grants to community programs for more than 20 years.
“St. Rose has been committed to providing quality healthcare and supporting the communities of Henderson and Las Vegas for almost 70 years,” said Brian Brannman, senior vice president of operations, Dignity Health Nevada. “There were multiple needs in southern Nevada this year. Awarding these grants in this fashion will enable us all to continue working toward improving the health and wellbeing of this community.”
Community organization recipients included:
- $100,000 for Medical Care for the Homeless – Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada and Volunteers in Medicine of Southern Nevada;
- $100,000 for Healthcare and Navigation Services – Southern NV CHIPs, Clark County Fire, Henderson Fire & Police, Las Vegas Fire, North Las Vegas Fire;
- $20,000 for Transportation for Home-Bound Seniors – Boulder City Lend a Hand;
- $45,000 for Expansion of Evidence-Based Programs for Seniors – UNLV OLLI;
- $54,635 for Implementing Promotoras Program in Nevada – Visión y Compromiso.
To be selected for a grant, an organization or program must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Address the greatest health needs of the community;
- Emphasize prevention to address the underlying cause of health problems;
- Contribute to a seamless continuum of care;
- Build upon and mobilize existing services in the community; and
- Engage diverse community stakeholders in implementation and oversight.