Rehab Your Body. Recover Your Spirit.
St. Mary Medical Center offers a wide range of superior rehab programs in Long Beach for patients ages 18 and older, including injury prevention, inpatient care and outpatient care.
Whether you're recovering from joint-replacement surgery, an injury treated in our Emergency Department, or a traumatic event such as a stroke, the Rehabilitation department at St. Mary Medical Center will help you achieve the best recovery possible. We want to get you moving again.
Our Rehabilitation Philosophy
At St. Mary, we are committed to helping patients reach their maximum potential and regain their independence and self esteem through the rehabilitation experience.
We believe that rehabilitation is most successful when you and your family members work together with a team of therapists and healthcare professionals including:
- Occupational, physical, and speech therapists
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Rehabilitation physicians/physiatrists
- Social workers/Case managers
Our services include orthopedics, internal medicine, pain management, physiatry, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and an ergonomics program for work-related injuries. Everything we do is specific to you and your condition, and we’ll do whatever you need to in order to get you more comfortable and moving with greater ease.
- Continuity of care – Physicians from the hospital can follow patients into the Inpatient Rehabilitation setting
- Specific programs for the treatment of brain injury, stroke, complex orthopedics and multiple trauma, pulmonary, and other medical conditions
- Patient and family-centered care that focuses on patient's preferences and personal goals
- An integrated, specialized team of rehab professionals included to care for you 24/7
We specialize in treating the following conditions:
- Cancer rehabilitation and wellness
- Inpatient cardiac rehabilitation
- Inpatient pulmonary rehabilitation
- Major multiple trauma
- Neurological disorders, such as Parkinson’s Disease and Multiple Sclerosis
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Traumatic and non-traumatic brain injury
- Work-related injuries
We also provide outpatient physical therapy and occupational therapy for a variety of conditions, including:
Rehabilitation at St. Mary Medical Center succeeds because of our strong team of professionals, dedicated to helping make you well. Learn More