- Competitive salary: PGY1 $50,194; PGY2 $53,009.84; PGY3 $59,012.52
- Four weeks vacation each year, plus one additional week conference time for third year
- $1,000.00 conference stipend for PGY3 All residents receive $400.00 annual educational fund
- Meals and parking are provided at no cost
- Liability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, Vision Care and Disability Insurance
- Tax Saving Annuity with matching Dignity Health funds program
- AAFP Membership
- ACLS, PALS and NRP Certification and renewal
- Resident House located steps from the hospital, with private rooms and all the amenities of home
- Childcare Center on campus available
- Annual Retreat for residents, families and faculty to facilitate camaraderie and discuss potential program changes
Annual Residency Retreat
The Residency Retreat is held each fall at a local seaside resort. Residents are invited to bring their significant others and children to share in the weekend. The weekend includes morning sessions with the Residents and Faculty discussing curriculum and other residency related issues, followed by an afternoon of fun for everyone at the park or beach, usually including a friendly game of football or softball.
Everyone attends the Saturday night dinner party in costume relevant to the theme of the weekend. Last year's Wild Wild West theme brought out a great deal of hidden talent. We get to take a little break from medicine and enjoy each other socially for an entire weekend…and best of all no pagers!!!
“Having children during residency is the ultimate challenge to work-life balance. Coming to Northridge Family Medicine, starting residency and a family has been the most amazing year of my life. The Northridge Hospital Child Care Center (NCC) ran by Bright Horizons is an attestation to the amazing resources available to residents and their families.
"The caring atmosphere of the teachers and the administrators, the continued involvement of parents and the child development based curriculum at NCC gives me peace of mind to complete my responsibilities as a resident. I could not imagine this past year without my Northridge Family Medicine family and the extended family at Northridge Childcare Center.” Anna Butera, D.O.
Educational & Reference Resources
Access to medical literature is a necessary component of modern medicine, both at point of care decision making and for ongoing knowledge enrichment. Our residency provides a number of valuable access points including:
- On-line access to UpToDate, MDConsult, and the New England Journal of Medicine through Northridge Hospital.
- AAFP membership along with online access to articles.
- A librarian-staffed hospital library that is equipped with the most current journals and textbooks.
- Access to the UCLA Medical Library/Dynamed.
- The “Challenger” set of online questions and answers provided as a tool for the residents and as an education portal. Med-Challenger gives our residents access to a vast library of information and allows residents to use the system to complete modules/tests that are self-assessment tools designed by national experts.
Follow The Family Medicine Residency Program at Northridge Hospital