Emergency Services & Department
When an emergency arises, there is no time to gather recommendations or referrals. It is best to prepare your family for an emergency—and know where to go for the right care. Gilbert is in the unique position of having two young hospitals to choose from for emergency services. Mercy Gilbert’s emergency department is part of a nationally recognized healing hospital and our commitment to our patients is to restore and heal the body, mind and spirit.
Choosing the Right Emergency Services
We offer a complete range of care backed by the depth of expertise in heart, neurology, orthopedics and surgery services. We have access to additional specialists, sub-specialists, and equipment reducing the need to be transferred to another hospital. Emergency services include:
- 24-hour on-site access to state-of-the-art digital diagnostic imaging equipment MRI and 64 slice CT
- Specialty and sub-specialty doctor
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Designated Cardiac Arrest Center
- Primary Stroke Center
- Board certified doctors and registered nurses trained in adult and pediatric emergency medicine
- On-site laboratory
- Convenient parking for patients and visitors
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hospital
Online ER Waiting Service
You will check-in with an admitting nurse and on average can expect to see a doctor in less than 20 minutes. A Mercy Gilbert emergency department doctor will assess your situation and determine the next appropriate level of care. Our levels of care are broken into three parts:
- Fast Track - patients with minor emergencies such as cuts or broken bones will receive treatment and go home to recover.
- Treat and anticipate disposition - patients in need of short-term medication or intravenous treatment for dehydration from conditions such as the flu or food poisoning.
- Acute Care - patients requiring immediate interventions or intensive monitoring as a result of a stroke or a heart attack.