The big day has finally come for the arrival of your new baby. Throughout your labor and delivery at Dignity Health Central Coast, a dedicated health care team will care for you, your family, and your baby every step of the way.
With a philosophy of care, dignity, and respect, our labor and delivery doctor and nurses will carefully guide you, with medical monitoring, pain relief, and ongoing support. Labor and delivery with humankindness is what you can expect at our birthing centers.
Find a Doctor today for trusted information on all aspects of your labor and delivery on the Central Coast of California.
Care for All Stages of Labor & Delivery at Dignity Health Central Coast
Just as every person is unique, so is your birth experience. Know that your childbirth may be very different than any other woman’s, and we will provide care personalized for you, your family, and your baby.
For you and your baby’s health and safety, Dignity Health Central Coast has a range of services available during your labor and delivery, including:
- Pain control and anesthesia uses both medical and nonmedical options, including massage, water therapy, epidurals, medications, and regional anesthesia.
- Fetal monitoring carefully checks your baby’s heart rate and overall health during labor.
- Natural birth without pain medications is based on your specific wishes.
- Vaginal birth is how most babies are born.
- Episiotomy, although no longer commonly performed, this incision between your vagina and anus can aid in delivery when using instruments or forceps.
- Cesarean section, or C-section, is a surgical birth planned in advance or performed in the case of an emergency.
- Water birth can help ease labor pains by placing you in a tub of warm water.
- (NICU)Neonatal intensive care unit provides specialized medical care if your baby needs monitoring or extra support after birth.
Your care team will provide whatever personal needs your require during labor and delivery. Our goal always remains focused on you and your baby’s health and well-being.
For comprehensive, caring labor and delivery services, see a doctor at Dignity Health Central Coast today. Dignity Health remains by your side throughout your pregnancy, labor, and delivery throughout the Central Coast of California.