Cerebral palsy treatments aim to improve the quality of life for children and families impacted by this neurological condition. Physical therapy, medications, and ongoing care all provide options focused on reducing cerebral palsy symptoms on the Central Coast of California.
At Dignity Health Central Coast, our neurological team personalizes treatment based on your child’s individual needs. Find a Doctor today for the care you deserve.
Cerebral Palsy Physical Therapy & Other Treatments
Cerebral palsy affects muscle movement. It also can cause vision problems, learning disabilities, and other health issues. Individualized treatment plans help children with cerebral palsy overcome obstacles and improve their lives.
Early intervention is very important for addressing developmental delays and learning disabilities. Your child’s doctor also will watch for related conditions, such as seizures and incontinence.
Dignity Health Central Coast offers a number of treatment options customized for your child, including:
- Physical therapy and occupational therapy for flexibility, coordination, and muscle tone
- Medications for muscle spasms, pain, seizures, and other conditions
- Speech therapy to help with swallowing, drooling, speech, and motor skills
- Surgery to release tightened muscles or correct other abnormalities
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs, braces, eyeglasses, and hearing aids
- Social services, including specialized programs for children with learning disabilities
- Ongoing monitoring by a doctor to help with related complications or conditions
Considering Care at Dignity Health Central Coast
Children with cerebral palsy can live a long, fulfilling life with personalized cerebral palsy treatment. We provide the care your child needs at these convenient locations:
Visit Dignity Health Central Coast to talk with a caring neurologist about the treatment that is right for your child.
Dignity Health’s neurology services deliver ongoing support and customized cerebral palsy treatment on California’s Central Coast.