At Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican, our family planning services help individuals and couples make informed decisions about conception, pregnancy, and childbearing. Doctors, nurse practitioners, genetic counselors, and other specialists may be involved in family planning services.
Our health care providers are committed to the health and well-being of you and your family. Through family planning in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV, we can help you make healthy choices when it comes to pregnancy, labor and delivery, and more.
Our family planning services include:
- Genetic counseling helps you understand any genetic risks to your child. If you have a family history of disease and or are from an ethnic background with an increased risk of disease, you may benefit from genetic counseling.
- Preconception counseling before conception helps you maximize your health and increase your chances of a healthy pregnancy and delivery.
Find an OB/GYN or call (702) 616-4900 to learn more about our expert family planning services. We also offer prenatal classes to help you feel prepared for pregnancy.
Benefits of Family Planning
Our experts at Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican may recommend family planning services if:
- You are trying to conceive a child (get pregnant) or trying to avoid pregnancy.
- You have a family history of miscarriage, birth defects, or stillbirth. Some birth defects are the result of genetic mutations, which can be passed down through families.
- You have a family history of inherited disease. Genetic counseling can help you understand the chances of your child inheriting a genetic condition.
- You are older than 35. The risk of birth defects and pregnancy complications increases after age 35.
We provide family planning services upon request. Our providers offer preconception counseling to all women.
What to Expect from Family Planning at Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican
Family planning services may be provided in a clinic or hospital setting. During your visit, your health care provider will ask you questions about:
- Your medical history
- Your partner’s medical history
- Your family’s medical history
- Past experiences with pregnancy and childbirth
Your provider may perform a physical exam and order tests to check your health. Our caring team of experts will use the information gathered to discuss possible risks and recommend specific interventions to help you reach your reproductive goals. Rely on our professionals to support you every step of the way as you make decisions about having a family. Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican provides trusted family planning in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV.