Nitrous Oxide for Pain Relief
St. Rose Dominican's hospitals are the first in Nevada to offer nitrous oxide as an option to relieve pain during labor.
Life's first hellos start here.
My Baby Pregnancy App
My Baby is a free app that puts almost everything you need for a healthy pregnancy right at your fingertips.
Birth Centers Overview
Preparing for pregnancy, being pregnant and having a baby are all exciting—and challenging—times in your life, and you may have many questions. We are here to help. The experienced labor and delivery staff at Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican provides personalized, expert care for mothers and babies.
Birth Center Safety Measures
At St. Rose Dominican, we have always been committed to meeting the health care needs of our community. We are implementing new safety measures for our Maternal Child Services patients and COVID-19 testing.
Our care environment is different than it was before the COVID-19 pandemic, but we are just as dedicated to providing high-quality care that is responsive to the needs of our community and reflective of the dedication of our caregivers. Thank you for your support in creating a safe care environment.
- St. Rose is adhering to the guidance and established criteria of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the US Surgeon General, the American Hospital Association, and the leading national associations of nurses, surgeons, and anesthesiologists.
- Screenings are conducted for everyone entering our care sites. Screenings are very brief and involve just a few quick questions and a temperature check.
- Masks are required for everyone, including staff members, patients, and visitors. Cloth masks are acceptable for patients and paper masks will be provided for patients or visitors who don’t have one.
- Support Person - One support person is allowed to stay in the Birth Center with mom the entire time she is a patient. Visitation has been limited throughout the hospital to minimize exposure. We happily welcome (can provide if needed) digital means to involve other family members or friends.
- Mothers and infants are taken care of only by an RN who is not taking care of any potentially infectious patients.
- Social distancing guidelines are in place for patients and visitors.
- Enhanced cleanings and disinfection occur throughout our facilities at the end of every day.
St. Rose Dominican's San Martín and Siena Campuses are the first Baby-Friendly Hospitals in southern Nevada. The designation is earned through the Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI), a global initiative of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF). As part of this commitment to infant care, we:
- Encourage immediate skin-to-skin contact between mother and child
- Help initiate breastfeeding within the first hour of life, if the mother chooses to breastfeed
- Provide intensive breastfeeding training to our entire labor and delivery staff, including doctors, lactation specialists and labor and delivery nurses
Birth Center Services
The experienced labor and delivery staff at Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican provides personalized, expert care for mothers and babies.
Birth Center Tours
Life's first hellos start here. Take a free tour of our Birth Centers at the San Martin and Siena Campuses, and see first hand what it's like to deliver your baby at St. Rose Dominican.
Labor & Delivery at St. Rose Dominican
More than 4,000 babies are born every year at St. Rose Dominican's Siena and San Martín Campuses. Our comprehensive services include care and support during the prenatal, delivery and postpartum times, and we have a family-centered approach that focuses on the well-being of both you and your baby. The St. Rose Dominican labor and delivery teams look forward to supporting you as you bring a new life into the world. Find a St. Rose obstetrician.
|San Martín Campus – Birth Center Tour Video
||Siena Campus – Birth Center Tour Video|
Learn more about the labor & delivery services we provide.
Labor & Delivery at St. Rose Dominican: What to Expect
What can you expect during labor and delivery at St. Rose Dominican? Personalized care and attention combined with the experience and skill of our labor and delivery team. While every birth is different, here is a general summary of what will happen:
- Before you deliver, take a tour of our Birth Centers, Register online or call (844) 897-2953.
- Online registration will ease the admission process when you come to the hospital to give birth. For questions about registration, please call (702) 616-4666 for the Siena Campus or (702) 492-8004 for the San Martín Campus.
- You arrive at the hospital and settle in to one of our comfortable, private birthing suites.
- Our nurses and doctors support you during the labor process.
- If the need for a C-section arises, we make the necessary preparations quickly. Our goal is to begin the procedure within 30 minutes of making the decision to operate.
- Once your baby is here, we encourage rooming in. We believe the best thing for mothers and babies is to stay together, getting to know each other.
- Our nurses and lactation consultants can offer breastfeeding guidance and support.
- Before you leave the hospital, we will talk to you about our numerous new mom classes and events. Our care and support continues well into the toddler years. Classes are conveniently located at our six Wellness Centers and WomensCare/Outreach Centers.
Wellness Center Locations:
Dignity Health Wellness Center - Blue Diamond
4855 Blue Diamond Rd., Suite 220, Las Vegas, NV 89139
Dignity Health Wellness Center - North Las Vegas
1550 W. Craig Rd., Suite 250, North Las Vegas, NV 89032
Dignity Health Wellness Center - West Flamingo
9880 W. Flamingo Rd., Suite 220, Las Vegas, NV 89147
WomenCare/Outreach Center Locations:
WomensCare/Outreach Center - Green Valley
2651 Paseo Verde Pkwy., Suite 180, Henderson, NV 89074
WomensCare/Outreach Center - Henderson
98 E. Lake Mead Pkwy., Suite 301, Henderson, NV 89015
WomensCare/Outreach Center - West
7220 So. Cimarron Rd., Suite 195, Las Vegas, NV 89113
Labor & Delivery Team: Experience and Expertise
St. Rose Dominican has one of the most experienced and skilled teams in Nevada. Our mother and baby teams consist of:
- Laborists - Laborists are board certified obstetricians who are available around-the-clock in our Birth Centers. They can examine soon-to-be-moms, evaluate the progress of labor, and provide a safe delivery if your physician is unavailable or delayed.
- Maternal fetal medicine specialists
- Nurses with 20 hours of breastfeeding education
- Lactation consultants, counselors and educators
- Obstetrical surgeons
- Obstetrical anesthesiologists
- "Scrub techs," health care professionals who specialize in surgical support
Our trained nurses and International Board Certified Lactation Consultants offer offer exceptional breastfeeding guidance and support to new moms. In addition, you can feel confident that even when your doctor is not currently in the hospital, he or she is monitoring your baby's progress via their mobile device. This way, your doctor receives constant updates about your care.
My Baby App
My Baby helps moms-to-be along the pregnancy journey, so you can feel prepared, guided, and excited about every milestone.
Nitrous Oxide for Pain Relief
Giving birth is an exciting – and sometimes anxious – time for moms. That’s why the Birth Centers at St. Rose Dominican are the first in Nevada to offer nitrous oxide as an option to relieve pain during labor. We understand that delivering your baby is not a one-size-fits-all model, and we want expecting moms to have a choice in their birth plans.