Every child’s birth begins with Mom, and that’s why our approach to care focuses on both mother and baby. When you become part of the St. Rose Dominican family, our obstetricians dedicate themselves to supporting you and helping you stay healthy throughout your pregnancy.
Our OBs in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV are experts in treating maternal conditions, like gestational diabetes and preeclampsia, so you can rest assured that you’ll be in good hands no matter what issues may arise, from pregnancy to childbirth.
Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican's Wellness Centers support you during pregnancy by offering a variety of classes on pregnancy, parenting, and childbirth in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV.
- Breastfeeding, including classes that can be taken while pregnant
- Childbirth classes to help mothers-to-be know what to expect on that special day
- Gestational Diabetes Consultations
- Prenatal Yoga
- Prepared Childbirth
Sign up for classes online or call (702) 616-4900. You can also find an OB who delivers at St. Rose Dominican, Siena Campus.
Common pregnancy symptoms
A missed period is the most widely recognized pregnancy sign. Other early symptoms of pregnancy include:
- Increased urination
- Morning sickness
- Mood swings
- Nausea with or without vomiting
- Positive at-home pregnancy test
- Tender, swollen breasts
Complications or health problems that may occur during pregnancy include:
- Ectopic pregnancy, when a fertilized egg implants outside of the uterus
- Gestational diabetes, high blood sugar that could possibly harm the newborn or mother
- High-risk pregnancy, a condition where the child or mother are at risk for medical complications
- Preeclampsia, high blood pressure associated with pregnancy that usually goes away after birth
- Vaginal bleeding in pregnancy, a common complication that could signal a serious problem