Foot and ankle surgery can be performed for a variety of reasons. At Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican's San Martin and Siena hospitals, our trusted podiatrists and orthopedic surgeons recommend foot and ankle surgery when they find a cause for problems that can be treated effectively with surgical methods.
Find an orthopedist or orthopedic surgeon or call (702) 616-4900 to determine whether your injury or condition would benefit from foot and ankle surgery in Las Vegas or Henderson, NV. Our experts at Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican can provide the personalized treatment you need.
Foot & ankle surgeries
If you have a foot or ankle problem that hasn’t improved with more conservative treatments, your doctor may recommend surgery. Surgical procedures are available for a wide range of foot and ankle conditions.
Here are some of the types of foot and ankle surgery that we offer at Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican's San Martin and Siena Campuses:
- Bunion surgery realigns the big toe joint and relieves pain.
- Fusion surgery permanently joins together bones to relieve pain from arthritis.
- Hammertoe surgery straightens the toe and relieves pain.
- Metatarsal surgery fixes a deformed or dislocated toe.
- Neuroma surgery relieves pain from thickened tissue around a nerve.
- Plantar fascia release, a type of heel surgery, relieves heel pain from plantar fasciitis.
- Tendon surgery repairs or reroutes a tendon to improve foot movement.
- Achilles tendon surgery repairs a torn Achilles tendon.
- Ankle replacement surgery replaces a damaged ankle with new one.
Foot & ankle surgery & recovery
Most foot and ankle surgeries are relatively brief outpatient procedures where you will go home the same day. You will likely have general anesthesia so you won’t feel pain during the surgery.
You may need to wear a cast or a boot to keep your foot or ankle stable while it is healing. Your orthopedist may also recommend physical therapy or stretches and exercises at home to improve your foot and ankle movement.
Basic postoperative care for all foot and ankle surgeries includes some degree of rest, ice, compression, and elevation (RICE). After certain foot and ankle surgeries, you may have bandages, dressings, stitches, or staples. We will give you specific instructions about caring for your wound. Full recovery can take several days or months, depending on your procedure.
The goal of foot and ankle surgery is to relieve pain and improve foot or ankle function and movement. Your Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican orthopedist will give you instructions for returning to activities after your surgery. With some foot and ankle conditions the problem may return after surgery. Discuss ways to prevent this with your orthopedist.
Whether you have a sports injury or heel pain, Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican's San Martin and Siena Campus can provide foot and ankle surgery in the Las Vegas Valley.