Trusted Heart Treatment in Southern California
Today, more treatments exist for common heart problems, such as heart disease, coronary artery disease, heart valve disease, and heart failure.
If you or a loved one has a heart condition or a family history of heart trouble, Dignity Health Southern California can help. Our heart doctors use the latest digital imaging equipment and interventional treatments to restore heart function and alleviate discomfort.
For more information about specialized heart treatment in Southern California, Find a Doctor online or visit one of our state-of-the-art locations:
- California Hospital Medical Center
- Glendale Memorial Hospital and Health Center
- Northridge Hospital Medical Center
- St. Bernardine Medical Center
- St. Mary Medical Center Long Beach
We offer a range of procedures, including open heart and minimally invasive surgery, to treat cardiovascular conditions with advanced clinical care and humankindness.
Cardiovascular Treatments We Offer
Dignity Health Southern California cardiologists will work to reduce your symptoms, correct any heart problem, and improve your quality of life through expert care.
We offer the following treatments in Southern California:
- Angina treatment and prevention
- Aortic aneurysms treatment and prevention
- Atrial fibrillation treatment and prevention
- Cardiac arrest treatment and prevention
- Cardiac telemetry unit
- Cardiomyopathy treatment and prevention
- Carotid artery disease treatment and prevention
- Congestive heart failure treatment and prevention
- CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- Heart attack treatment and prevention
- Heart bypass surgery types of heart bypass surgery
- Heart valve repair
- Heart valve surgery
- Marfan syndrome treatment and prevention
- Mitral valve repair
- Mitral valve replacement
- Pericarditis treatment and prevention
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD) treatment and prevention
- Raynaud’s disease treatment and prevention
- Renal artery stenosis treatment and prevention
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Venous problems treatment and prevention
If you’re unsure about treatment, take our online heart risk assessment.
What to Expect from Cardiac Care at Dignity Health Southern California
In many cases, doctors use minimally invasive procedures to evaluate symptoms and make repairs. The benefits of minimally invasive cardiovascular surgery are typically less pain, less time in the hospital, and a faster recovery. Depending on your procedure, you may be given light sedation or general anesthesia. You may need to stay overnight after a heart procedure. If you have major surgery, you may need to stay in a special cardiac intensive care unit (ICU).
Before starting treatment, your doctor will go over the details so you know how to prepare and what to expect. Talk with your doctor about when it will be safe to return to your normal routine.
The goal of cardiovascular care is to minimize pain and discomfort, prevent further complications, and help you regain optimal health and wellness.
Dignity Health provides comprehensive heart treatment in Southern California, as part of our heart services.