St. Rose Dominican volunteers help patients, visitors, employees ... and themselves.
At Dignity Health-St. Rose Dominican, volunteers are a vital part of providing care to our community. From our volunteers who work at our information desks, in the gift shops and at our nurse's stations, to our Pet Therapy program and working with patient family's in our waiting rooms, our 620+ volunteers unselfishly give of their time and talent. We are grateful that they are part of our St. Rose Dominican family.
"There is nothing more rewarding than coming to work and being able to associate and work with people who want to be here by choice," said Jamie Olsen, Director of Volunteer Services and Gift Shops. "Our volunteers graciously give of their time and are happy to serve others. They provide our hospitals with a service that is intangible; their positive attitudes and the care they show are evident in every department they work for. We are lucky to have them and we absolutely love them!"
Many St. Rose Dominican volunteers have given of their time and talents for many years – some have volunteered for over 18 years and several of the "long-timers" have individually accumulated between 12,000-20,000 hours of volunteer time.
If you are interested in volunteering, consider this:
- You will be trained to be the best good will ambassador you can be
- You will gain the satisfaction that comes from knowing you make a difference to patients, staff and the community
- You will expand your life experiences and skills
- You will find a rewarding change of pace from your regular routines
- Your services are needed every day and night of the week
- You will meet other volunteers and staff who may become good friends and associates
What are the qualifications?
- Volunteers must be dependable, interested in helping others and have a positive attitude
- Volunteers are required to work a minimum of one 4-hour shift per week. The majority of the shifts run from 8 a.m. - noon, noon - 4 p.m. and 4 - 8 p.m., seven days a week
- Volunteers need to fulfill a 100-hour annual commitment (of course, we hope you will stay with us longer)
- Volunteers must be in good health to perform assigned tasks. (A tuberculosis test and health clearance from the hospitals' Employee Health Department are required)
- In addition, standard hospital pre-qualification procedures require that volunteers complete a drug screening, background check and reference check)
- Junior volunteers must be at least 14 years old and have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
Where can you volunteer?
- Gift Shop
- Front Reception Desk
- Office work
- Nurse's Stations
- Surgery Waiting Room
- Emergency Department
- Book Cart
- Community Education
- Pet Therapy
For more information on volunteer opportunities, call:
Rose de Lima Campus: (702) 616-4543
San Martín Campus: (702) 492-8695
Siena Campus: (702) 616-5543