About the Course
Course Description & Objectives
The cardiac CTA course is designed to provide clinically orientated, hands-on observation and workstation review for a minimum of 50 cases: 25 Category A Live Cases and 25 Category A1 Live Video Cases. All are applicable toward Level II and Level III credentialing requirements outlined by the SCCT. This course is endorsed by the SCCT and live cases are selected to emphasize appropriate patient selection for cardiac CTA, as well as to illustrate the totality of scanning, reporting and management of clinical issues. The cases will draw from a wide spectrum of studies emphasizing the range of findings encountered in a typical hospital implementation of a cardiac CTA service line. The topics for core knowledge in cardiac CTA are integrated into the lecture and hands-on format.
This course will provide attendees with the training needed to become an accomplished, confident and independent cardiac CTA reader able to formulate an appropriate CT exam set-up.
At the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Apply appropriate patient selection and scanner setup
- Recognize radiation dose reduction techniques
- Differentiate artifacts from true pathology
- Demonstrate how to accurately and succinctly report findings
- The cost for the two-day course is $2,250.
- Dignity Health employees will receive a 20% discount.
- Chandler Regional now offers a 150 case special that includes the live two-day course as well as cardiac CTA online cases for $4,600. Click here for more information.
Endorsed by SCCT
What was the most useful aspect of this course?
- Learning from the masters who are in the trenches themselves - it doesn't get any better
- Wonderful CT lab staff
- Extensive hands on approach to reading studies
- Very experienced teachers - Dr. Bies, Dr. Newton (very approachable)
- Completion of all live cases on site with questions answered as studies are being completed live
- Having my own workstation and ability to manipulate studies on my own
- Step by step interpretations of the studies
- Up to date and evidence based lectures
- Refresher of coronary CTA to help me prepare for my recertification board exams.
- One to one interactions
- The detail work on each case
If this program were presented again, what suggestions do you have to enhance its effectiveness?
- They have got it right
- Excellent well organized course
- Dr. Bies and Dr. Newton are awesome!
Cardiologists, radiologists, cardiovascular surgeons and other physicians interested in gaining credentialing and competency in cardiac CTA scanning and interpretation. This comprehensive course is designed for beginner, novice and advanced readers who will enjoy hands-on learning on single operator 3-D workstations. The course is ideal for those desiring didactic teaching on dose modulation, low dose scanning, low volume contrast protocols, scanner set-up, ECG editing and scan rescue techniques.
The attendee will use the best reconstruction methods and benefit from our integrated lecture format. Cases are approved by the Society for Cardiac Computed Tomography (SCCT) and apply toward the Level II requirements for live case experience.
Cardiac CTA Articles
- Calcium Scoring May Cut Chest Pain Hospitalization & Costs
- Comparison of Radiation Doses from Multi-Slice Cardiac CT and Conventional Diagnostic Angiography
- SCCT Credentialing
- SCCT guidelines for the interpretation and reporting of coronary computed tomographic angiography
- Randomized Controlled Trial of Cardiac CTA in Evaluation of Chest Pain
- Usefulness of Cardiac CTA as an Initial Diagnostic Approach for Acute Chest Pain
- Radiation Dose Reduction and Coronary Assessability of Prospective Electrocardiogram-Gated Computed Tomography Coronary Angiography: Comparison With Retrospective Electrocardiogram-Gated Helical Scan
- CAD-RADSTM Coronary Artery Disease e Reporting and Data System.
CME Accreditation and Designation
Dignity Health - East Valley is accredited by the Arizona Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Dignity Health - East Valley designates this live activity for a maximum of 17 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™.
Lodging & Local Services
Accommodations Near Chandler Regional Medical Center
Chandler Regional and Mercy Gilbert Medical Centers' Office of CME is committed to providing quality continuing medical education for physicians. To ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all sponsored or jointly sponsored educational activities, any individual who is in a position to control the content of the educational activity (i.e., course or activity directors, planning committee members, staff, teachers, or authors of CME) must disclose all relevant financial relationships and the nature thereof that they have with any ineligibler companies. The ACCME describes relevant financial relationships as those in any amount occurring within the past 24 months that create a conflict of interest.
Individuals who refuse to disclose will be disqualified from participation in the development, management, presentation, or evaluation of the CME activity. Disclosures of Relevant Financial Relationships are on file for this program.