Dignity Health Home Recovery Care is a care option that allows you to safely receive treatment for your medical condition at home, instead of the hospital. Home Recovery Care services are currently available to our patients at Chandler Regional Medical Center and Mercy Gilbert Medical Center, and we are expanding services to our other area Dignity Health facilities. Your typical Home Recovery Care lasts 30 days to ensure you are recovering appropriately. Our services are available 24/7 to Home Recovery Care patients.
What to Expect in Home Recovery Care
First 3-5 days
After you choose Home Recovery Care, you will be able to go home, instead of being admitted to the hospital. Once you leave the emergency department, your Home Recovery Care service begins with an experienced registered nurse who is assigned to you. Your nurse will care for you, with doctor oversight, for several hours of the day, for the first three to five days, or longer, right in the comfort of your own home.
All the necessary equipment you might need will be set up for you, such as an IV, oxygen and pulse oximeter. This includes a computer tablet, which allows you to see and talk with your doctor from home and communicate with your care team. The computer tablet is provided at no additional cost and must be returned at the end of the 30 days.
Your registered nurse will:
- Take your vitals, such as blood pressure, temperature and weight.
- Administer IV medications.
- Help you take your medications.
- Assist you with pain management.
- Serve as an advocate for your care.
In addition to your in-home registered nurse, you will have access to a Recovery Care Coordinator. A Recovery Care Coordinator is available to you 24/7 and will be your main point of contact for questions or concerns throughout the 30 days.
A Recovery Care Coordinator will:
- Coordinate and communicate your care with your doctor(s), including your primary care physician and other specialists.
- Monitor your vitals daily.
- Answer your medication questions.
- Assist in scheduling your follow-up appointments.
- Provide you with health education.
Next 25-27 days
After the first few days in Home Recovery Care, your care will transition back to your primary care physician, where you will resume your normal activities. For the remainder of the 30-day period, you will still have access to a Recovery Care Coordinator 24/7, should you have questions or concerns. A Recovery Care Coordinator will help you schedule follow up visits with your primary care doctor and continue to monitor your progress.
As one of our patients, you will enjoy comfortable and convenient medical care in the comfort of your own home, other benefits includes:
- Having a Recovery Care Coordinator available to you 24/7.
- Talking with your doctors and nurses on a computer tablet, face-to-face without ever leaving your home.
- Being provided a computer tablet that allows your doctors and nurses to check on your progress in real time.
- Having a single point of contact for medical questions.
- Receiving quality and compassionate care from a skilled medical team.
For more information about our Home Recovery Care services, please call 602.883.4646. We are available 24/7.
Home Recovery Care is a service delivered in partnership with Contessa Health.