The Duodenum which means the first portion of the small intestine is divided and connected to last portion of the small intestine to create a stomach, so that when the patient eats, the food goes through a newly created tubular stomach pouch and empties directly into the last segment of the small intestine.
Benefits of Duodenal Switch
There are many benefits to this procedure as a surgical weight loss option:
- Feel less hungry and full sooner while absorb fewer calories and minerals
- Allows patients to eventually eat near “normal” meals
- Reduces the absorption of fat by 70 percent or more
- Changes in gut hormones reduce appetite and improve satiety
- Is the most effective against type 2 diabetes
Find Out More
To learn more about our weight loss surgery program, please call (877) 428-6478. We will be happy to help.